- Enter data into green cells. Blue cells are optional and already contain average data.
- To help guide you as to what to enter into the green cells, the grey cells have sample Cash/Mortgage data.
- Click the Cash Purchase tab if you are paying cash or the Mortgage Purchase tab if you are obtaining a mortgage.
- Rent for an annual unfurnished home averages $1/sq ft per month (e.g., 1500 sq ft home may rent for $1500/month).
- Tax millage rate source: Sarasota Property Appraiser Office 2014.
- Insurance estimates for regular homeowners policy found at: Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. Ask your insurance agent about landlord rental property insurance.
- Leasing and management fee includes average annualized cost for placing a tenant, collecting rent and managing repairs and maintenance.
- Repairs rule of thumb is $1/sq ft per year (e.g., 1500 sq ft house is $1500 a year in repairs on average over a 10 year period).
- Lawn, landscape, pool, pest services are typical for single family homes. Rates will vary. Not applicable to condos.
- Vacancy rate is estimated at 1 week per year.
- Utilities are paid by owners when property is vacant. Monthly utilities are estimated at 10% of square footage (e.g., 1500 sq ft home may have utilities that average $150/month).
All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. You should consult a licensed professional for guidance regarding your specific situation.